Thursday 18 June 2015

Introducing the Author of the Fugue series- Youtube

In my previous post I included links to both the long and short videos of the first book talk and launch of my recently published literary fiction novel Australian Fugue: The Antipode Room (PostMistress Press: Newcastle) at the Australian National University exhibition I curated: Intertwined. In this post I am putting up the link to the shorter televised segment, which is also now up on YouTube, with an extract of my talk and launch. In this I talk about how I was driven to write the novel, and uncannily found that I had written about a character with a resemblance to an ancestor I had known nothing of when I wrote my novel, a world-famous female violinist at the turn of the twentieth century. I am writing about her in the Fugue series.

Australian Fugue: The Antipode Room is the start of a series of novels which become progressively more 'realistic' yet fictionalised as the main character discovers the hidden history that she then reinvents in a historical story. In the video I talk about my book and research (click the image to play).



                             Author and artist Ruth Skilbeck talking about art and fugue 





Australian Fugue: The Antipode Room (PostMistress Press: Newcastle ISBN 13 978-0-9922779-2-5) available as a paperback and Kindle ebook via Amazon at this link.
http://www.amazon.com/Australian-Fugue-The-Antipode-Room/dp/0992277922

No comments: